Tuesday, October 17, 2006

New house...new places to go

I love our new house. I enjoy going into the sunroom and watching all the goings on in the backyard. Mom has put the storm windows down, but she promised that she would put the screens down when it is nice. Mom put the pond in the backyard, we can now watch the fishes, too.

I have a new game. I used to try to get outside, and Mom would always try to get me. Well, now I try to get into the basement. Mom still tries to get me, but I dont think she gets as mad. It isnt like I am going outside, where she says that I could get sick. I kinda like the basement. There are lots of new smells and Mom keeps moving the big boxes, so there is always someplace to explore. Mom also said that with winter coming, that I might even be able to catch a mouse or two. She said that a mouse might come into the basement, and me being a good hunter, I might be able to catch it.


I think that I should probably catch it. Blackie would just play with it, and I think that Abby might eat it (She did have to hunt for most of her life). I would just bring it to Mom. She tells everyone about the bunny that I brought her. I didnt hurt the little bunny, and Mom seemed happy that I brought her such a nice present. She even put it in the little cage for a bit.

Oh well, Abby is sleeping on the couch and I am going to take another nap till Mom goes to sleep. Then Blackie, Abby and I play chase. We have a great time, running up and down the stairs, and around the house. Abby sometimes loses Blackie and I, and she sits and calls to us, but we always get her. Ops, Mom is coming back. Laters

~ Socks

7 comments:

The Meezers or Billy said...

wow, a BUNNY!!! sounds like your new house is really nice.

Gemini said...

We hopes we get to see some nice pictures of your new house! Enjoy the settle in nap!

Unknown said...

How did you bring her a bunny? This sounds like there's a story in there somewhere ? -- Alberta, Sky, Blackie and Charlie

Socks, Abby, Blackie, Dexter and Bonnie said...

Mom took some pictures today of some horses...well they look like horses, kinda. But I think I can sneak the camera tomorrow and try to get a couple shots of the hosue.

Well, the bunny, I brought to Mom when we were at the apartment. She doesnt like me outside catching anything anymore.

When I first found Mom, she used to let me go outside whenever I wanted. One day I was in the woods, and I found a little bunny just bouncing around. I thought that Mom would like it, so I brought it home, and left it on the porch for her. I didnt really hurt the bunny. I did accidently hurt its shoulder, but Mom said that it wasnt to bad. After she let the bunny rest a little bit, she said that she would have to let the bunny go. But she said that she was so happy that I brought it to her.

~ Socks

The Fluffy Tribe said...

Awww that's so sweet, you brought your Mom a bunny ~Merlin, Shadow, Ko KO

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Shaggy and Scout said...

Your new house sounds great! We had 3 mice last fall when the weather changed. We all caught one and brought them to mom. We are hopeful that we will get more this year, but mom says those 3 last year were the first in the 20 years she has been in this house, so we better not hold our breath!